The Hospitalito Atitlán 26-credit CME/CNE Spanish & Cultural Immersion Course will not only improve your medical Spanish, but also provide exposure to the culture and customs prevalent in Central America.
Target Audience: The course is perfect for doctors, nurses and physician assistants who have mastered basic Spanish communication and would like to immerse themselves in the language in a Maya culture setting.
Enhance professional Spanish skills in a community hospital setting
- Taking medical histories.
- Identifying chief complaints.
- Conducting physical examinations.
- Attending morning reports.
- Communicating with specialist.
- Small classes (Six doctors per session).
- One-on-one instruction with experienced local Spanish language teachers.
- Rotating lectures by Hospitalito faculty.
- Introduction to the modern indigenous Maya city Santiago Atitlán.
- Tour of cottage industry weavers under the auspices of the ’13 Batz’ (thirteen threads) a Maya Weavers Cooperative.
- Introduction to local Maya Culture via a walking tour of the village.
Fee includes ground transportation to and from Guatemala City and single-person accommodations at one of several beautiful local venues Hotel Eco Bambu or Hotel Tiosh Abaj (depending on enrollment and availability). Bringing family members? There will be an additional charge. Home stays with indigenous families are available for those interested in a full Spanish language immersion experience.